Behaviours and Attitudes
At Kirkstall Valley Primary School, we aim to ensure that every member of the school community feels valued and respected, and that each person is treated fairly and well.
Our children behave well and learn to develop excellent learning behaviours which will last them a lifetime.
We are a diverse school with many nationalities, ethnicities, cultures and faiths represented - and we LOVE this! Our diversity is what makes us united and we are a school that shows genuine care for one another.
We work hard to ensure that all of our pupils feel safe and able to be the very best that they can be, ready to make a positive contribution to our local, national and global communities.
We live by three rules at Kirkstall Valley. We are:
- We praise expected behaviour and celebrate over-and-above behaviour.
- We always remind when behaviour does not meet expectations. We sanction and restoratively address behaviour which needs further improvement.
- We respond to any bullying or hateful behaviour swiftly and with restoration.
- We create an environment which allows pupils to feel safe and be themselves.
- Through our curriculum, we proactively and positively address issues around social, emotional and mental health.
- We promote and celebrate good attendance and create an environment where children love to come to school.
- We support children and their families in how to stay safe online.
We concentrate on three core values at Kirkstall valley. These are: